China has been a firm favourite amongst TEFL teachers since long before our Director, Arnold, created Teach English In China way back in 2005. With it’s fascinating culture, amazing people, delicious food, and attractive salaries – it’s no surprise really. But the cost associated with starting a teaching career in China can be an obstacle to people’s aspirations of a new life in the Middle Kingdom. If that’s you, I have good news. I’m here today to tell you how you can land a job in China, at a vetted school in our network, for free in 2024.
Earlier this year, we decided to start a ‘Free China Program’. Our reason? To help candidates during the cost-of-living crisis that’s affecting us all. All we ask for in return is some skin in the game, a £95 holding deposit. While we make sure the school provides all the relevant paperwork for a valid work visa, we’ll keep your deposit safe, then we will return it to you after your fifth week working in China.
In all transparency, our free program is a lot more basic that our ‘Serviced China Program’ worth £400, more on that later. But simply put, we’re a lot more hands off with the free program. What we can guarantee though – is that you will end up in China with a well-paid, safe, secure, and legal job. You won’t have to deal with the stress of finding and negotiating with a Chinese school, recruiter, or agency by yourself, and rest easy that all the schools we work with are completely legit. Sounds good right? Let me break it down for you.
What the ‘Free China Program’ includes:
- We will find you a job at a vetted school from our large network that we have built up for over 17 years
- Choose from exciting cities all over China – including Shenzhen, Wuhan, Suzhou, Chongqing, and Hunan
- Earn up to 18,000 RMB a month and enjoy a housing allowance
- Receive flight and partial visa reimbursement
- We’ll have one Zoom call with you and other candidates on the free program to help you prepare and get ready for China
If that sounds like it’s enough for you, and you’re ready to start your China adventure today, then let’s get going. Click here to ask any questions you may have, we’d be more than happy to answer them. Or click here to apply, we’ll schedule a video chat get the ball rolling.
What if I want to teach in Shanghai? What if I want more support? Assistance with the visa process? Training? I want to meet others on the same adventure as me?
Well, that’s where our ‘Serviced China Program’ comes in. It costs £400, but can be split into two instalments of £200, one upon enrolment and the final one no later than 1st April. We’ve been running this program for a long time, and people love it.
What the ‘Serviced China Program’ includes:
- The option to teach in China’s most exciting and sought after city – Shanghai
- Extensive pre and post departure support – our team is always there on the end of the phone or email
- Several in person and Zoom training sessions to make sure you’re ready for the classroom and for China
- Visa guidance and assistance from our experts to help you through the complicated process
- A late summer orientation day in central London – with teaching and cultural training, and the chance to meet fellow teachers in person
- Access to a private WhatsApp group for other new teachers going to China
- Everything that is offered on the ‘Free China Program’ – including up to 18k RMB salary, flight and visa reimbursements, etc
- And for an extra £80 you can get a TEFL at a discounted price from a world-renowned provider
So, now you know what your options are. Which one will you pick?
At the end of the day, both result in a fantastic job in one of the best countries in the world. We understand that the ‘Serviced China Program’ is not attainable for everyone, and that is why we started the ‘Free China Program’. Whichever one you pick, you can rest assured that we’re completely behind you, and are committed to your success in China. As ex-teachers ourselves, we want you to experience all the fantastic things that working in China can bring. But if you do feel like you would benefit from more support, guidance, and want to work in Shanghai – then go for the serviced program. If you’re confident and independent, and all you need is for us to find you your perfect school, then go for the free program. Either way, we hope you pick us to help you on the most exciting journey of a lifetime.
Click here to ask any question!
Or sign up here!